CARMEL, TEXAS. Carmel was on the Medina River near the site of present Losoya in southern Bexar County. It was settled around the time of the Civil War and by the mid-1880s had a church, a school, and a reported population of 100. A post office, named after the church and school, operated from 1887 to 1889. In the 1890s Carmel was supplanted by nearby Losoya and Cassin and after 1900 no longer appeared on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CARMEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrchh), accessed September 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.