CLOVERLEAF, TEXAS. Cloverleaf, north of Interstate Highway 10 between Channelview and Jacinto City in east central Harris County, began as a railroad station on the Beaumont, Sour Lake and Western Railway. The community was shown on the 1936 county highway map as an unnamed development. A local post office may have existed there briefly around 1950. By 1990 Cloverleaf, in the Houston metropolitan area, had two elementary schools, a junior high school, a high school, eighteen churches, and a population of 18,230. The population had grown to 23,508 by 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CLOVERLEAF, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrchk), accessed December 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.