CHINA GROVE, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)
CHINA GROVE, TEXAS (Trinity County). China Grove was near the site of present Nogalus Prairie sixteen miles northeast of Trinity in northeastern Trinity County. It was settled in the 1850s. In 1858 a post office known as Beasly's Store opened in a store operated by Wyatt S. Beasly. In 1859 the name was changed to China Grove. The post office closed in 1860, and the mail was sent to nearby Nogalus Prairie. After the Civil War the community lost its separate identity.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CHINA GROVE, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcnj), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.