CANADA VERDE, TX
CAÑADA VERDE, TEXAS. Cañada Verde is at the junction of Farm roads 1303 and 3444, eight miles northwest of Floresville in western Wilson County. The site was settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1896, when it had an enrollment of seventy-one. In the mid-1930s Cañada Verde had a school, a church, three stores, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was closed, but in the early 1990s a church and several businesses remained at the site. In 2000 the population was twenty-three.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CANADA VERDE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcpz), accessed September 14, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.