CIRCLE, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)
CIRCLE, TEXAS (Cherokee County). Circle is on Farm Road 2962 eight miles east of Rusk in eastern Cherokee County. The site was probably first settled after the Civil War. A local post office operated from 1898 to 1905. In the mid-1930s Circle had several stores, a church, and a number of houses. After World War II many residents left the area, but in the early 1990s a church, a school, a store, and a few scattered houses still remained. Though the community was still shown on county highway maps in 2000, no population estimates were available.