CENTER POINT, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)
CENTER POINT, TEXAS (Trinity County). Center Point was a farming community in northern Trinity County. The town's name derived from its location halfway between Nogalus Prairie and Honest Ridge, both of which were common school districts. In 1923 the schools were consolidated, and a new school was built at Center Point. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and a number of houses. Its school later closed, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CENTER POINT, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcsr), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.