CONCORD, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)
CONCORD, TEXAS (Houston County). Concord was off State Highway 7 eight miles east of Crockett in east central Houston County. It was established after the Civil War. A Presbyterian church was founded there in 1875, and around the same time a school began operating in the church; later a separate school building was constructed. In 1897 the school had an enrollment of forty-six. During the mid-1930s the small community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many local residents moved away, and by 1990 only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.
Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687–1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CONCORD, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcsu), accessed November 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.