COMANCHE SPRINGS, TX
COMANCHE SPRINGS, TEXAS. Comanche Springs was two miles west of McGregor in western McLennan County. A post office was established there in May 1872, with John S. Elmore as postmaster; the office was discontinued in 1875. The community was bypassed in the early 1880s by the Texas and St. Louis and the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe railroads. Subsequently Comanche Springs was gradually abandoned as its residents moved their homes and businesses to the new town of McGregor.
William Robert Poage, McLennan County Before 1980 (Waco: Texian, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "COMANCHE SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrctb), accessed August 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.