CENTERVIEW, TX (HENDERSON COUNTY)
CENTERVIEW, TEXAS (Henderson County). Centerview was on Farm Road 59 fourteen miles southwest of Athens in southwestern Henderson County. By 1906 a school was in operation at the site; that year it had an enrollment of sixty-three. In the 1930s the settlement had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the community's school and church closed, and by the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CENTERVIEW, TX (HENDERSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcum), accessed July 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.