CHAPEL HILL, TX
CHAPEL HILL, TEXAS. Chapel Hill is off Farm Road 2088 fifteen miles northwest of Gilmer in northwestern Upshur County. Some sources say the town was established before 1872 by settlers from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In the mid-1930s the community had a church and a small number of scattered houses. Children attended school at Piney Grove or Mount Lebanon. In the mid-1960s Chapel Hill had a church and a few houses. In 1990 it had a store and a church.
Doyal T. Loyd, History of Upshur County (Waco: Texian Press, 1987).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CHAPEL HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcuq), accessed March 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.