CARTER'S MILL, TX
CARTER'S MILL, TEXAS. Carter's Mill was six miles west of Longview near the site of present White Oak in central Gregg County. It was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1877 until 1881. At its height in the early 1880s, the small settlement had a general store, a mill, and a number of houses. By 1900 the community no longer appeared on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CARTER'S MILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcuy), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.