CENTER HILL, TX
CENTER HILL, TEXAS. Center Hill, also known as Corinth, is a farming community 1½ miles west of Kennard in east central Houston County. The settlement grew up around a school, known as Corinth or Old Corinth School, that was established in 1857. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Its school was later consolidated with that of Kennard, and by the mid-1960s only a church and cemetery remained in the Center Hill area. In the early 1990s Center Hill was a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was 105.
Armistead Albert Aldrich, The History of Houston County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1943). Houston County Cemeteries (Crockett, Texas: Houston County Historical Commission, 1977; 3d ed. 1987). Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687–1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CENTER HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcva), accessed September 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.