CORINE, TEXAS. Corine was a farming community twenty-two miles northwest of Rusk and eight miles west of Jacksonville in northwestern Cherokee County. The site was evidently first settled after the Civil War. A post office opened there in 1888, and a school by 1892. In 1896 Corine had a reported population of ten. Its post office closed in 1906, and by the mid-1930s the community was no longer shown on the county highway map. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CORINE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcvc), accessed July 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.