COXVILLE, TEXAS. Coxville was fifteen miles southwest of Bastrop in western Bastrop County. A post office was established there in 1888, with John A. J. Cox as postmaster. In the 1890s the community also had a general store, a corn mill and gin, a Baptist church, and a district school. Its post office was discontinued in 1906, and by the late 1940s no evidence of Coxville was shown on county highway maps.
Bill Moore, Bastrop County, 1691–1900 (Wichita Falls: Nortex, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "COXVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcvp), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.