CRAIG, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)
CRAIG, TEXAS (Lamar County). Craig (Craigs) was a farming community on U.S. Highway 271 and several dirt roads 1½ miles northwest of Pattonville and 8½ miles southeast of Paris in eastern Lamar County. The area was settled by 1883, when the Craigs post office opened. The post office closed after only two years, but a school was established in the community by 1936. By 1957 the school had been absorbed into the East Lamar common school district. Craig was not shown on a 1964 topographic map of the area.
Thomas S. Justiss, An Administrative Survey of the Schools of Lamar County with a Plan for Their Reorganization (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "CRAIG, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcyb), accessed December 06, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.