CROSS ROADS, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)
CROSS ROADS, TEXAS (Upshur County). Cross Roads (Crossroads), eight miles southwest of Gilmer on the old Gilmer-Big Sandy highway in southwestern Upshur County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II many of its residents moved away, and the school was consolidated with the Big Sandy school district. By the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a few scattered houses, among them the Gage House, one of the oldest houses in the county. Nearby was the Lone Pilgrim Primitive Baptist Church.
Doyal T. Loyd, History of Upshur County (Waco: Texian Press, 1987).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CROSS ROADS, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrczq), accessed December 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.