DELROSE, TEXAS. Delrose, on U.S. Highway 271 three miles north of Gilmer in north central Upshur County, was established around 1885 as a stop on what later became the St. Louis Southwestern Railway of Texas. In the mid-1930s the settlement consisted of a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and the school closed; by the mid-1960s Delrose was only a few scattered houses. In 1990 it was still a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was thirty-five.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "DELROSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd18), accessed April 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.