DEWEY, TEXAS. Dewey, on Farm Road 1749 twelve miles southeast of Montague in southeastern Montague County, was established in 1898 and named for Spanish-American war hero Adm. George Dewey. During the 1930s and 1940s the community reported a population of twenty-five and one business. In the 1990s Dewey served as a community center for area farmers and ranchers.
John Clements, Flying the Colors: Texas, a Comprehensive Look at Texas Today, County by County (Dallas: Clements Research, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "DEWEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd23), accessed August 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.