DICEY, TEXAS. Dicey is on a spur off Farm Road 730 eight miles northeast of Weatherford in northeastern Parker County. The first settlers moved near the present site of Dicey in the mid to late 1850s. This group established one of the earliest churches in Parker County, and a community developed around it. Originally the settlement was called Power after Parson Power. Later the name Dicey was chosen in honor of the wife of pioneer settler W. G. Puryear. A post office was established there in 1891 and discontinued in 1929. Throughout its history Dicey served area farmers as a church and school community. The population of Dicey was reported at sixty-three from the mid-1920s through the mid-1940s, when it dropped to just over twenty. Dicey still existed in 1990.
John Clements, Flying the Colors: Texas, a Comprehensive Look at Texas Today, County by County (Dallas: Clements Research, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "DICEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd24), accessed August 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.