DRESSY, TEXAS. Dressy, on the Little Pecan Bayou in southeastern Callahan County, was the center of a ranching area until the late 1870s. Samuel P. Long became the community's first postmaster on April 21, 1899. Dressy had a population of twenty-two in 1903. Its post office was discontinued on January 15, 1912. In 1940 the community reported a population of fifteen and two businesses, and in 1945 a population of fifty. The 1984 county highway map showed only a cemetery at Dressy.
Brutus Clay Chrisman, Early Days in Callahan County (Abilene, Texas: Abilene Printing and Stationery, 1966).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Julius A. Amin, "DRESSY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd40), accessed January 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.