DUGGER, TEXAS. Dugger is on State Highway 123 five miles south of Seguin in central Guadalupe County. The Dugger school was built in 1871; in 1904 it had one teacher and forty-eight students. In 1938 the Baptist church held services in the school. The school was consolidated with the Seguin Independent School District by the early 1950s. A cemetery, a business, and a few scattered houses were in the area in 1946; in 1990 the community had an estimated population of ten. The population was twenty in 2000.
Arwerd Max Moellering, A History of Guadalupe County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1938). Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin (Guadalupe County). Vertical File, Seguin-Guadalupe County Library, Seguin, Texas (Guadalupe County).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "DUGGER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd50), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.