DENSON, TEXAS. Denson (also known as Densonville and Denison) was a scattered community on Willis Creek six miles northwest of Granger in northeastern Williamson County. The site was settled by members of the Denson family sometime before 1869. The community had, at different times, three different schools named Denson, a cotton gin, and a small store. In 1900 Denson's school served forty-eight pupils. By 1977 only the Denson family cemetery remained at the site.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "DENSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd52), accessed October 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.