DRUSILLA, TEXAS. Drusilla was six miles southeast of Winnsboro and eight miles northeast of Quitman in northeastern Wood County. The community, which at one time had two Baptist churches, received a post office in 1895 and by 1896 had at least eleven businesses, including a sawmill, a gin and gristmill, a blacksmith, and a wagonmaker, as well as a drug and book store run by M. V. Morris, who also served as postmaster. The town also reported having a teacher, though official records for a Drusilla public school are not available for that time. Its post office closed in 1899. Drusilla does not appear on the 1936 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rachel Jenkins, "DRUSILLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd61), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.