DUMAS, TX (WOOD COUNTY)
DUMAS, TEXAS (Wood County). Dumas was on a soil-surfaced road a mile north of Hoard and six miles west of Mineola in south central Wood County. The community probably existed by at least 1881, which is the earliest recorded death date in the Dumas cemetery. By 1896 the Dumas school had one teacher and forty students; ten years later the school reported thirty-six students. Dumas was abandoned sometime after 1906 and does not appear on county highway maps for the 1930s, though the Dumas cemetery, also known locally as the Greer cemetery, is shown on a 1960 topographic map.