DARDEN SPRINGS, TX
DARDEN SPRINGS, TEXAS. Darden Springs (Darden Spring) was a farming community near the spring of the same name, sixteen miles northwest of Giddings in northwestern Lee County. A post office operated there from 1887 to 1899, and Dr. W. B. Darden, after whom the settlement was named, was postmaster. In 1891 the community had a cotton gin and gristmill. Its population in 1896 was estimated at twenty. By the mid-1930s the settlement was no longer shown on county highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "DARDEN SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd63), accessed September 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.