DENMAN CROSSROADS, TX
DENMAN CROSSROADS, TEXAS. Denman Crossroads, on Farm Road 1256 eight miles south of Canton in south central Van Zandt County, was probably named for J. Denman, who owned property in the area and was associated with the nearby community of China Grove. Nearby Morris Cemetery, on the farm of Elijah Newton Morris, dates to 1866. The community had a post office from 1891 until 1905. By 1892 it had three mills and gins, but 1936 county highway maps showed only a single business there. By 1981 only the cemetery and scattered dwellings marked the site. Denman Crossroads was still listed as a community in 1990.
Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "DENMAN CROSSROADS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd65), accessed December 06, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.