DOUGLAS STORE, TX
DOUGLAS STORE, TEXAS. Douglas Store was 0on Farm Road 1861 twelve miles southeast of Canton in extreme south central Van Zandt County. In 1936 the settlement had numerous scattered dwellings, a business, a church, and a cemetery. The Mahagony school, church, and cemetery across Farm Road l861 was within half a mile. By 1987 the cemetery and church remained, but the community had disappeared.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "DOUGLAS STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd74), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.