DIX, TEXAS. The community of Dix is located near the southern boundary of Martin County on Farm Road 829 and just off Interstate 20, five miles southwest of Stanton. The village probably began as a stop on the Texas and Pacific Railway (later the Missouri Pacific line). In 1936 Dix consisted of some businesses, farms, and a church. Highway maps still depicted the hamlet in the 1990s, but no population figures were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "DIX, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrd79), accessed July 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.