DENNY, TEXAS. Denny was on the Houston and Texas Central Railway in the eastern corner of Falls County. Although Denny served primarily as a railroad siding, a small cluster of businesses and residences developed at the site. A post office was established there in 1899, and by 1914 a general store and a grocery were also in operation. The Denny post office was discontinued in 1917. County highway maps in the 1940s continued to show Denny as a railroad siding with several houses nearby, but by the 1980s the community was no longer marked on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "DENNY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrdfy), accessed May 26, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.