DODSON, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)
DODSON, TEXAS (Houston County). Dodson, five miles south of the site of later Hagerville in southeastern Houston County, was established in the mid-1880s. A post office opened there in 1887 with John M. Smith as postmaster. At its height in the mid-1890s the settlement had a two blacksmith shops, a gristmill and cotton gin, a sawmill, and a number of houses. Its post office closed in 1908, and by the mid-1930s Dodson no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "DODSON, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrdgg), accessed December 06, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.