DILWORTH, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)
DILWORTH, TEXAS (Red River County). Dilworth is on Farm Road 1159 eight miles northeast of Clarksville in northeastern Red River County. The area was settled before 1900. A school was in operation there by 1907, when it had an enrollment of thirty-four. In the mid-1930s Dilworth had a church, a school, and a number of houses. Its school was closed around the time of World War II. In the early 1990s Dilworth reported a population of twenty-two and had a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings. In 2000 the community still reported a population of twenty-two.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "DILWORTH, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrdkg), accessed November 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.