DAUPHIN, TEXAS. Dauphin was a flag stop on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway 5½ miles southwest of Athens in central Henderson County. A post office operated there from 1895 to 1904. After the railroad suspended service, most of the residents moved away, but as late as the mid-1930s a store and a church were in the area. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the vicinity.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "DAUPHIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrdxp), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.