ELLIOTT, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)
ELLIOTT, TEXAS (Robertson County). Elliott is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 79 and Farm Road 2549, five miles north of Hearne in western Robertson County. It was established in 1871 as a station on the International-Great Northern Railroad and named for the settler who gave land for the townsite. A post office named Una operated there from 1890 until 1892, when the community's population was thirty. In 1900 T. W. McNeil's general store marked the townsite. An Elliott post office operated from 1895 until 1916, when the population had decreased to twenty. In 1947 two churches, a school, a business, and scattered dwellings remained there. In 1988 Elliott still had a church and several dwellings, and in 2000 the population was fifty-five.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Richard Allen Burns, "ELLIOTT, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre17), accessed April 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.