ELM RIDGE, TX (MILAM COUNTY)
ELM RIDGE, TEXAS (Milam County). Elm Ridge is on U.S. Highway 190 some four miles west of Cameron in central Milam County. It was probably established after the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway built through the area in 1881. The community was named for Elm Creek. In 1903 the settlement had a school with two teachers and eighty students. The school and a few scattered houses were shown at the site on the 1941 county highway map. The community's population was reported as twenty-five in 1990 and again in 2000.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "ELM RIDGE, TX (MILAM COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre20), accessed September 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.