ELY, TEXAS. Ely is on Farm Road 898 some ten miles southwest of Bonham in southwestern Fannin County. The community was established sometime in the 1890s, and from 1895 to 1906 it had a post office. Ely's reported population has never exceeded fifty, and in 1990 the community reported a population of fifteen.
Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "ELY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre26), accessed September 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.