EYLAU, TEXAS. Eylau, five miles southwest of Texarkana in the lumbering section of southeastern Bowie County, was established soon after the battle of San Jacinto by Collin M. Akin, who bought land along the river. A school on his land was consolidated with the Sylar school on the M. H. Jones survey in 1886. The community had a post office from 1885 to 1895. In 1890 the population of Eylau was estimated at thirty. By 1940 Eylau was no longer an organized settlement.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "EYLAU, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre37), accessed September 15, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.