ELMER, TEXAS. Elmer, seven miles south of Seguin in southern Guadalupe County, was established as early as 1854. A post office opened there in 1882, and by 1884 the community had a population of sixty and a church, district school, and general store. At that time local residents shipped cotton, cottonseed, and hides. The community's post office was discontinued in 1891, and the mail was sent to Seguin. By the 1940s no evidence of Elmer was shown on county highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "ELMER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre43), accessed December 13, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.