ELM CREEK, TX
ELM CREEK, TEXAS. Elm Creek was a school community on Farm Road 467 about six miles south of Seguin in southern Guadalupe County. In 1904 the community had two one-teacher schools for sixty-eight black students and two one-teacher schools for 104 white students. There were a few scattered houses and a cemetery in the area in 1946; by the mid-1980s only the cemetery marked the community on county highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "ELM CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre45), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.