EDEN, TX (GUADALUPE COUNTY)
EDEN, TEXAS (Guadalupe County). Eden, on what is now U.S. Highway 90A five miles east of Seguin in eastern Guadalupe County, was established in the late 1880s. In 1904 the settlement had a one-teacher school for forty-seven students. The school closed in 1943, and Eden became part of the Seguin Independent School District in 1949. As roads in the area were improved and more people acquired cars, its residents began attending church in Seguin. There were a few scattered houses and a cemetery in the area in 1946; by the mid-1980s only the cemetery marked the location of the community on county highway maps.
Josephine S. Etlinger, Sweetest You Can Find: Life in Eastern Guadalupe County, Texas, 1851–1951 (San Antonio: Watercress, 1987).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "EDEN, TX (GUADALUPE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre46), accessed December 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.