EAST CENTER, TX
EAST CENTER, TEXAS. East Center is on Farm Road 1652 eight miles northeast of Canton in northeastern Van Zandt County. The settlement had a school in 1890 that by 1904 had reached an enrollment of fifty-three and by the 1950s had been consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District. The 1936 county highway map showed a school and scattered residences at the townsite, but by 1981 only the church remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "EAST CENTER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre61), accessed December 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.