ENTERPRISE, TEXAS. Enterprise is a farming community nineteen miles northwest of Canton and just west of Farm Road 2475 in extreme northwestern Van Zandt County. In 1906 the Enterprise school had an enrollment of seventy-five. By the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and scattered dwellings. The Enterprise school was consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District in 1951. In 1987 maps of the area showed only the church at the townsite, but by 2000 the population was ninety.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "ENTERPRISE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hre62), accessed November 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.