ELLIOT, TEXAS. Elliot, on State Highway 19 six miles north of Trinity in western Trinity County, was first settled after the Civil War. A school was established there before 1884 and continued to operate until after 1900. In the 1930s the community had two stores and a number of houses. After World War II Elliot's stores closed, and many of its residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, ed., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ELLIOT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrecg), accessed November 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.