ESOM HILL, TX
ESOM HILL, TEXAS. Esom Hill, also known as Wheeler's Hill, was near the site of what is now Nigton sixteen miles northeast of Groveton in eastern Trinity County. The area was first settled around the time of the Civil War and was originally known as Wheeler's Hill, after Benjamin Wheeler who had a store there. From April through November 1871 a post office operated in Wheeler's store under the name Esom Hill. The community apparently declined thereafter, and by 1900 it no longer appeared on maps.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ESOM HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hresv), accessed November 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.