ELM GROVE, TX (WHARTON COUNTY)
ELM GROVE, TEXAS (Wharton County). Elm Grove is on Farm Road 2614 some sixteen miles northwest of Wharton in extreme north central Wharton County. A school for black children operated there in 1912. The 1936 county highway map showed a school and multiple dwellings at the townsite. In the 1980s two businesses, a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "ELM GROVE, TX (WHARTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hreus), accessed January 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.