EUDORA, TEXAS. Eudora was near Zavalla seventeen miles east of Lufkin in eastern Angelina County. The settlement was established sometime after the Civil War. A post office opened there in 1885, and by 1892 Eudora had a general store and a reported population of sixty. Its post office closed in 1903, and the mail was sent to Dunkin. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "EUDORA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrezy), accessed October 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.