FALCON VILLAGE, TX
FALCON VILLAGE, TEXAS. Falcon Village is off State Highway 2098 at the southeast end of International Falcon Reservoir, four miles west of U.S. Highway 83 in southwestern Starr County. It is a restricted government town for federal employees, including personnel of the International Boundary and Water Commission, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service. The homes, athletic areas, parks, and administration building were constructed by the federal government in 1949 when the dam was started. In 1990 Falcon Village had seventy-six inhabitants who lived in fifty homes with a beautiful view over Falcon State Park, Falcon Lake, and the Mexican mountains. In 2000 the population was seventy-eight.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Dick D. Heller, Jr., "FALCON VILLAGE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf03), accessed March 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.