FLOWER GROVE, TX
FLOWER GROVE, TEXAS. Flower Grove, on Farm Road 2002 in the northeastern corner of Martin County, was named for an early settler, Hardy Flowers. A rural school district was established there in 1920 and an independent school district in 1928. During the 1930s and 1940s five neighboring schools were consolidated with Flower Grove. The town also had the Flower Grove Missionary Baptist Church, the Bethel Assembly of God Church, and the Farmer's Co-op Gin. The community still existed in the early 1980s.
Vernen Liles, Pioneering on the Plains: The History of Martin County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1953). Martin County Historical Commission, Martin County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Noel Wiggins, "FLOWER GROVE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf30), accessed July 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.