FRIENDSHIP, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)
FRIENDSHIP, TEXAS (Freestone County). Friendship, on Rocky Branch Creek four miles southeast of Wortham in northwestern Freestone County, once consisted primarily of a church, a school, and the Rocky Hill cemetery nearby. In 1903 the community's school had twenty-two pupils. Friendship had a school, two cemeteries, and a number of scattered dwellings in the 1930s. During the early 1980s two churches, a cemetery, and a few dwellings were still in the area, but by 1989 only the Rocky Hill Church and two cemeteries remained there.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "FRIENDSHIP, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf44), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.