FIELD, TEXAS. Field, a farming community off Farm Road 90 twelve miles west of Canton in extreme western Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 and a church by 1936. State highway maps showed the church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the townsite in 1987.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "FIELD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf58), accessed August 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.