FAUBION, TEXAS. Faubion, twelve miles southeast of Burnet in southeastern Burnet County, was named for William J. Faubion, its first postmaster. A post office was established there in 1886 and discontinued in 1888, when mail for the settlement was sent to Smithwick. No evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps by the 1940s.
Darrell Debo, Burnet County History (2 vols., Burnet, Texas: Eakin, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "FAUBION, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf59), accessed January 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.